It’s like “Run-to-the-Curb Radio” — but better!
“Firefighter Storytellers” is a natural outgrowth from my popular “Run to the Curb” series — as it offers a radio show designed simply to facilitate kitchen table type discussions between firefighters.
“Storytellers” is an open-format radio show in which listeners are encouraged to call in with their own stories of what brought them to the fire service, what’s made the experience memorable for them, and to share their insight as to what keeps them going day-in and day-out, serving in our business of delivering emergency services to our communities.
Tonight’s installment (Wednesday-July 14, 2010) features Chief Tim Sendelbach, fire service leader and Editor-in-Chief of FireRescue Magazine. Like many others, Tim’s roots in the fire service started with his Dad, a firefighter in his hometown of Wilder, Kentucky.
Produced by John Mitchell and Rhett Fleitz of FirefighterNetcast, visit their site now, sign up for a new user account for BlogTalkRadio, and be prepared to join in the conversation with each new show.
Listen in. Log in. Call in.
What’s your story?
- Link to the show for Wednesday-July 14, 2010 – 9pm EDT on Firefighter Netcast
Also on Tiger Schmittendorf …
- Video Killed the Recruitment Star – February 20, 2012
- 32 Years in the 15032 – September 23, 2012
- Train Your Replacement. Bob did. Paul does. – January 23, 2013
- My Friend. My Brother. Denny Allen. – December 17, 2011